Small Business Rebate
The rebate provides up to $500 (Excl. GST) to small business owners and sole traders in NSW who buy and install equipment to make their workplace safer.
Changes have been made to support small business and sole traders in NSW that have recently been impacted by a natural disaster, state of emergency or COVID-19.
Any sole trader or small business owner that has completed an eligible event with SafeWork after 1 August 2019 has 12 months to apply for the rebate.
New workplace hygiene items are also eligible.
What you can purchase?
- Portable hand sanitiser stations;
- Safety signs for COVID-19 workplace arrangements;
- Sneeze/ cough guards
Are you eligible?
Visit safework.nsw.gov.au to check if you’re eligible to apply for a small business rebate.
How to claim?
- Attend a SafeWork NSW event (online webinar, recorded webinar, advisory visit, safety workshop or program);
- Identify, purchase and implement your eligible safety item(s);
- Get a paid tax invoice and receipt (or proof of purchase);
- Complete a SafeWork NSW rebate application form with receipt attached.
How long does it take?
Applications are usually processed within 4 weeks of being received by SafeWork NSW (if all information is complete and correct).
Visit https://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/advice-and-resources/rebate-programs/small-business-rebates for more information.